What is the solution to the cracks in the plastering mortar of the exterior wall

Shamil

The cracks in the mortar of the external wall appear along the interface between the filling wall and the frame, and the lines are all horizontal and vertical. The joint surface is reinforced with steel mesh during the plastering construction of the mortar. As a result, the mortar has no hollows, and we have ruled out the quality factor of the plastering mortar. Has anyone encountered this situation? How to deal with this kind of exterior wall?

The frames in the second picture are all patched, but the general patching is probably not very effective.

1709608180087.png 1709608192954.png

This problem is caused by the base layer from inside to outside, and simple repairs won't help.

The mortar intensity is too high. As a result, the outer wall is not as strong as possible but moderately. Make a two-component putty by using external wall flexible putty plus emulsion, and spread a layer of mesh cloth on the cracks for repair treatment; that is: lay mesh cloth on the bottom crack + two-component flexible putty for the external wall.

The mortar intensity is too high. As a result, the outer wall is not as strong as possible but moderately. Make a two-component putty by using external wall flexible putty plus emulsion, and spread a layer of mesh cloth on the cracks for repair treatment; that is: lay mesh cloth on the bottom crack + two-component flexible putty for the external wall.
You are right. I have encountered it many times. For the first time, I thought it was due to product quality, and I lost much money. Later, I discovered that my product did not cause this problem, so I recommend leveling putty for the bottom layer. It is a thin layer of the anti-crack followed by flexible mortar putty. Communicate with the project department in advance. The exterior wall is prone to problems to make construction difficult.

Such horizontal and vertical cracks are primarily due to sedimentation, or the steel wire mesh in the mortar is bound too far outside. You have to find our the real reason before repairing.

Back